Step one is understanding you don't need to put life on hold
In this video you will hear clinical psychologist Dr. David Gillanders talk about:
- How Acceptance & Commitment Therapy helps people to respond as flexibly as possible to their condition and to try to stay on track with doing things they care about
- How thoughts, feelings and behaviours happen alongside symptoms
- How we wrestle with our thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- How the strategy of putting life on hold until you’re “better” can be unhelpful
- An alternative approach to putting life on hold – “willingness”
You may want to watch this video a few times, until the ideas sink in, before moving on to VIDEO 2.
We hope you find it inspiring!