Please read carefully
[Last updated: May 5, 2016]
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. It includes your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, gender and telephone number, as well as information relating to your health. We collect personal information about you when you register as a user of the Arthur’s Place website, when you register for our Newsletter, send us an email or communicate with us in any other way.
By continuing to access the Arthur’s Place website or registering to participate in the Arthur’s Place Social Facebook group, you agree that we may use or disclose your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and communicate with you electronically (including by email).
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please check back here regularly. You can check when we last changed this Privacy Statement by referring to the ‘LAST UPDATED’ date at the top of this page.
If you are uncertain about anything in this Privacy Statement please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whilst we use industry standard systems and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We may use your personal information:
• For administrative purposes, to monitor and analyse your access and use of the Arthur’s Place website (including the Community Tools) for instance by using Google® analytics in order to get a better understanding of your interests and preferences and enhance future services and identify potentially relevant Content that you may find useful;
• To maintain and update the personal information we hold about you, address errors or service interruptions, improve the Arthur’s Place website and our other services;
• To send you from time to time information regarding updates and changes to the Arthur’s Place website, our services or policies or any technical, administrative or legal notices relating to the Arthur’s Place website that we consider important for you to know; and
• To send you communications about Arthur’s Place Community Interest Company and how we can help you, for example, information about our campaigns and competitions. You can choose not to receive some of these communications by following the instructions at the bottom of these communications.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your permission except in the following circumstances:
• We may sub-contract third party suppliers to provide services for us, including for example, the provision of website hosting and management services, technical services, collation of usage data or for running promotional campaigns (such as competitions). In these circumstances, the suppliers will have access to some or all of your personal information in order to provide their services but will be contractually bound to not disclose or use your personal information for any other purpose;
• Whilst we currently store your personal information in the UK, we may transfer and store your personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area that may be deemed to have inadequate protections by European Union Data Protection Authorities. Where your personal information is stored on systems in countries outside the European Economic Area, the protection of your personal information will be subject to the laws of those countries. In these circumstances, we will notify you of such changes and endeavour to impose safeguards equivalent to those in the European Economic Area on the collection and use of your personal information.
• We will disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigative third party if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to:
• comply with the law or with legal process;
• prevent fraud;
• protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of the Arthur’s Place website;
• protect the personal safety or property of other users or the public (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we will disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions);
• protect and defend our rights and property; or
• protect the rights of other users of the Arthur’s Place website.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION AND COOKIES
We do share aggregated non-personally identifiable information with third parties for general healthcare awareness and research purposes, for example with other groups who have an interest in arthritis or in your age group. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which can identify you in any way.
We also collect “cookies” when you access the Arthur’s Place website. A “cookie” is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit the Arthur’s Place website again and improves our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of the Arthur’s Place website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the Content of the Arthur’s Place website and make your use of it easier. We do not track which pages you looked at while visiting the Arthur’s Place website. If you wish to reject our cookies, then you can configure your browser to do so.
LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE
Our website may contain links to other third party websites. We are not responsible for the way that these websites collect and use your personal information. Any information you provide to these websites is at your own risk.