Step one is understanding you don't need to put life on hold
In this video you will hear clinical psychologist Dr. David Gillanders talk about:
- How Acceptance & Commitment Therapy helps people to respond as flexibly as possible to their condition and to try to stay on track with doing things they care about
- How thoughts, feelings and behaviours happen alongside symptoms
- How we wrestle with our thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- How the strategy of putting life on hold until you’re “better” can be unhelpful
- An alternative approach to putting life on hold – “willingness”
You may want to watch this video a few times, until the ideas sink in, before moving on to VIDEO 2.
We hope you find it inspiring!
Introduction and recognising the struggle
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?